The 2018 class of the acclaimed Council Fellows program includes 32 senior executives from across the country, representing a diverse array of sectors within healthcare who will discuss and address the challenges facing the industry.
"Every year, the Fellows class brings together a remarkable collection of healthcare's brightest minds for a unique opportunity to positively transform our nation's health care system," said Sen. Bill Frist, MD, "The collaboration and relationships that result from this annual program strengthen not only today's healthcare community, but also the future of our field. As healthcare continues to undergo constant change, I eagerly anticipate the conversations and tangible contributions that will stem from this class."
Frist serves as co-leader of the executive training program alongside healthcare economist Larry Van Horn of Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management.
This is the sixth class to be named for the annual initiative. The members of the 2018 Fellows class are:
- Gene Boerger, COO, Preverity, Inc.
- Devin Carty, COO, Martin Ventures
- Ravi Chari, MD, Senior Vice President, Clinical Excellence, HCA
- James Corbett, JD, MDiv, Senior Vice President, Community Health Improvement and Values Integration, Centura Health
- Jonathan Dhillon, Enterprise Securities and Corporate Governance Counsel, Envision Healthcare Corporation
- Mary S. Flipse, Chief Legal and Administrative Officer, Tivity Health, Inc.
- Charles Girard, Director, Government Relations, HCA
- Chris Harber, Vice President, Health Plan Operations, Availity
- Jim Jamieson, COO, EvidenceCare
- Bryan Kaegi, Senior Vice President, Government Relations, Acadia Healthcare
- Kevin Klauer, CMO-Emergency Medicine and Chief Risk Officer, TeamHealth
- Shaheed Koury, MD, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Quorum Health Corporation
- Ryan Kreinbring, Vice President and General Manager, Cerner Corporation
- Dusty Lieb, Partner, Echo Health Ventures
- Veronica Mallett, MD, MMM, Senior Vice President of Health Affairs and Dean School of Medicine, Meharry Medical College
- Gregory C. Marotta, President and CEO, CleanSlate Centers
- Karen D. McKeown, State Health Officer and Administrator, Division of Public Health, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Blake McKinney, MD, Co-founder and Chief Medical Officer, CirrusMD
- Jameson Norton, CEO at Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Lisa Piercey, MD, Executive Vice President, West Tennessee Healthcare
- Justin Pitt, Senior Vice President and Chief Litigation Counsel, Community Health Systems
- Christopher Rehm, MD, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, LifePoint Health
- Stephani J. Ryan, Director, Long Term Services and Support, BlueCare Tennessee
- Kevon Saber, CEO, GoCheck Kids
- Puneet Singh, Chief Development Officer, Aspire Health
- Elizabeth Ann Stringer, Chief Science Officer, axialHealthcare
- Emily Tyson, Vice President, Product, naviHealth, Inc.
- Kyle Wailes, Chief Financial Officer, Intermedix
- Michael D. Warren, MD, MPH, Deputy Commissioner for Population Health, Tennessee Department of Health
- Sam Weinstein, MD, CEO, SpecialtyCare, Inc.
- Edna Willingham, Regional Vice President and COO, Anthem
- Michael Wood, Senior Vice President, Product Development and Technology, Change Healthcare