Tennessee Department of Health Commissioner John Dreyzehner, MD, MPH will join other state and local officials for the "Turning the Tide: Collaborating to Prevent Opioid Abuse" summit Nov. 13 - 14, 2017 at the Marriott Cool Springs Conference Center in Franklin.
The goal of this summit is to facilitate collaboration across the Tennessee health care community to identify interventions to decrease abuse and misuse of opioids and improve quality of care and patient safety for treatment of acute and chronic pain. Focus areas include patient education, prescriber education, perioperative pain management and emergency department pain management.
Summit participants include representatives from Tennessee hospitals, health professional associations and TennCare. Guest speakers include Deputy to the Governor Jim Henry and Nashville Mayor Megan Barry.
- Jim Henry, Deputy to the Governor
- John Dreyzehner, MD, MPH, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Health
- David Reagan, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer, Tennessee Department of Health
- Michael Warren, MD, MPH, Deputy Commissioner for Population Health, Tennessee Department of Health
- Megan Barry, Mayor, Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Monday, November 13, 9:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m., CDT
Tuesday, November 14, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., CDT
Marriott Cool Springs Conference Center
Franklin, Tennessee 37067