Saint Thomas Health is excited to announce the addition of the region's first and only birth designer program at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Saint Thomas Women's Care strives to make each birth experience personalized and tailored to each patient's unique needs and is now offering a birth designer to each mom-to-be, free of charge. Whether expectant mothers are looking for someone to help navigate the various amenities and birthing preferences, or discuss a high-risk pregnancy, our birth designers are here to help guide and inform mothers throughout the entire process.
Birth Designer Services include:
- Pre-planning and design for the patient that desires an opportunity to partner in her birth experience.
- Determination of prenatal education needs
- Liaison for families whose situation involves adoption or surrogacy. These cases always require coordination of lots of paperwork and family specific wishes regarding the delivery. Having a point person for this will be invaluable.
- Coordinate ancillary services for the high-risk patient before the day of delivery.
- Point of contact for our VIP population, allowing individualized care to meet specific needs.
- Post-delivery follow up to ensure resources are secured and patient and family are connected to Saint Thomas Health in any areas of need.
To speak with a birth designer at Saint Thomas Midtown to learn more about the program, please call me at 931-247-3527.