Caduceus Capital Partners, LLC, a new venture capital company focused on digital health investments, has named 14 members to "The Syndicate," its team of venture partners who will play a key role in the fund. As active participants in the investment process, these individuals will source and vet startups, hold director positions on portfolio company boards, support investment fund decisions and advise portfolio company executives.
"We've assembled a remarkable team of healthcare industry veterans who care about our world, are determined to succeed, and bring the kind of experience and energy that fosters meaningful change," said Dave Vreeland, senior managing partner, Caduceus Capital Partners. "Our venture partners will counsel our bright entrepreneurs to activate innovative ideas and create competitive companies."
Venture partners include:
- Bo Bartholomew, President and CEO, EvidenceCare
- Adam Bauer, Partner, IBM Watson Health Consulting
- Marty Bonick, President and CEO, Ardent Health Services
- Bill Brown, Former CEO, Entrada; CEO, A2B Advisors
- Brian Fox, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, Thompson Reuters; Founder and President, Confirmation
- Phil Hertik, Healthcare Industry Executive
- Judson Ivy, Founder and CEO, Ensemble Health Partners
- Peter Micca, Healthcare Industry Executive
- Craig Richardville, SVP, Chief Information and Digital Officer, SCL Health
- Roy Sailor, Retired Optum Executive; Principal, TellTale Advisors
- Alan Smith, SVP and CIO, LifePoint Health
- Kirk Stanley, President, PopHealthCare, A GuideWell Company
- Eric Thrailkill, Founder, Allee Advisory Services, LLC
- Sue Tyler, former CFO, Medical Mutual of Ohio
As a $4 trillion industry, healthcare has been much slower to innovate than other industries and remains the largest portion of the economy yet to be disrupted. Caduceus Capital Partners has established a unique model which focuses exclusively on digital health solutions to reduce costs and improve care.
Based throughout the country (Colorado, Florida, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and more) the venture partners bring diverse perspectives and a national network that will be invaluable to portfolio companies.
"We are on the cusp of a massive digital transformation in healthcare," said Scott Kolesar, managing partner, Caduceus Capital Partners. "The COVID-19 pandemic is a catalyst for the adoption of technologies that we are supporting, such as remote patient monitoring, telehealth, automated prescription delivery, and automated hand hygiene compliance. We believe this is just the beginning."
All portfolio companies receive operational expertise, healthcare sales cycle guidance and insight on product/market fit, as well as access to a vast network of potential customers and partners. Last month, Caduceus Capital Partners launched the Health System Innovation Council, a strategic alliance with regional health systems wanting access to transformative technologies. The Caduceus Capital Partners portfolio currently includes Healthcare Value Analytics and Reperio Health.
Caduceus Capital Partners is a spin-out of Dave Vreeland and Scott Kolesar's first early stage digital health find, JumpStart Capital Growth Fund I, which has achieved two successful exits and boasts a strong portfolio of health IT startups.