By their very nature, emergency departments are high-stakes settings filled with vulnerable patients and frightened families. Increasingly, they are also high-risk settings for healthcare providers.
Last month, the Annals of Emergency Medicine reported on the toxic effects to a six-year-old child who accidentally swallowed liquid nicotine. The child ingested the product intended for her parents' electronic cigarettes and required immediate emergency medical treatment that included intubation and an overnight stay in a pediatric intensive care unit.
You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!
Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: