The Difficult Airway Course: EMS
Published: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:30 pm
Thursday, October 27, 2016 - Friday, October 28, 2016
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Central Time
Sumner County EMS
- 255 Airport RD
- Gallatin, Tennessee 37066
- (615) 451-0429
The Definitive EMS Airway Course
• Learn the full range of airway management techniques -- including use of video laryngoscopes & other advanced imaging devices, extraglottic devices, drug-assisted intubation and cricothyrotomy.
• Work with an expert faculty who knows the unique challenges facing EMS providers.
• Use all of the airway devices in small group sessions.
• Practice decision-making and airway techniques in Code AirwayTM stations.
• Face the most challenging patient scenarios in a no-risk environment. These include: elevated ICP, pulmonary edema, cardiogenic shock, status asthmaticus foreign body in the airway, direct airway trauma, multiple trauma with shock, and many more.
Didactic and Hands-on Training
• Prediction of the Difficult Airway
• Video Laryngoscopy and other advanced imaging devices
• Medication-assisted Intubation (including RSI and RSA)
• Pediatric intubation
• Endotracheal tube introducers (bougie)
• Extraglottic devices
This continuing education activity is approved by the CECBEMS.
This continuing education is approved by First Airway, LLC, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS). CECBEMS Activity #14-FirstAir-F2-0001. CEH Number and Type: 16.0 Advanced.
16.0 Contact Hours have been provided by the Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association (Certificate #2015-23). ASTNA is an approved provider for the California Board of Registered Nursing CEP 13575.
The $180 tuition includes registration, textbook internet access code and airway management pocket card.
Refund Policy: If you cancel by 10/25/2016, you will be refunded the full amount, less a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellations after 10/25/2016 are not accepted, however you may have a substitute attend in your place.
If your department is registering 5 or more individuals, please contact Kevin High, course director, for the group discount code. Please do this before you begin registration.