Tue, Mar 31, 2020 1:00 PM CDT
From ensuring the health and safety of employees to facing business closures and layoffs, HR leaders across the globe are attempting to navigate an unprecedented set of challenges posed by the spread of the coronavirus. The need for accurate guidance and information is critical within this constantly changing landscape.
Join us as our employee benefits experts discuss employee relations and workforce challenges and answer your most pressing questions.
What we'll cover:
- Health plan considerations including coverage for testing, HIPAA, COBRA and ACA employer mandate
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act - and the latest clarifications and definitions since the legislation was passed
- Latest updates from the pharmacy and PBM community to improve access, avoid disruption, and respond to new potential therapies
- Disability and Leave Management including an overview of FMLA, ADA, and statutory programs such as state disability, state paid family, paid family medical leave, paid sick leave
- Fair Labor Standards Act, employee classification and compensation rules
- Terminations, furloughs and reduction in hours
- Telecommuting risks and best practices
HUB is committed to keeping our clients well-informed and equipped to handle workforce challenges in these uncertain times. All registrants will receive our FAQs, Responding to Coronavirus in the Workplace.
*This event is approved for SHRM and HRCI credit.
- Carrie Cherveny, Esq.
Senior Vice President, Strategic Client Solutions & Compliance
- Barbara Hawes, R.Ph., MBA
National Pharmacy Practice Leader
- Cory Jorbin, Esq.
Chief Compliance Officer, West Region Employee Benefits
- Mingee Kim
Senior Vice President, Workforce Productivity, Risk Services
- David Setzkorn
Vice President, Absence Management, Risk Services